Our client, a logistics company on the island,
requires the services of a Business Development Manager.
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop new business prospect listings to ensure that future new business
development is planned in advance.
• Responsible for the management and handling of documents coming to the
company for Contract Logistics Business.
• Maintain all existing and new business approaches and outcomes.
• Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the
• Maintain close working relationships with the customer service, operations
and logistics team.
• Focus on winning and keeping a profitable business.
• Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for
new business submission.
• Work with logistics engineers in development of resources planning.
• Undertake presentations for the business as and when called upon
• Manage and coordinate all commercial activities of defined group of customers
with the customer service team, in line with the company’s short and long term
• Portray a good image of the company and its policies to clients
• Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to
present the company and its services.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics,
Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred. (An equivalent
combination of work and education / equivalent combination of work experience
may be considered)
• Minimum of five years industry experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
• Diplomatic skills to be used in managing customers
• Confidence in undertaking presentations to a vast number of people
• Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
• Proven negotiation skills complied with the ability to close business wins
• Customer oriented & team player
• Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and some other PC applications
• Ability to work under pressure where needed
• Ability to travel around as the business expands
• Good time management techniques
• Good understanding of financial planning
• Excellent reporting abilities